Collection of Personal information
We may collect the following personal information when you use our services or sign up for an account:
- Identification information such as your name, email address, address, phone number;
- Financial information including credit card information; and
- Usage data about how you use our services, including your access date and time, browser type and language, the pages of our website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
We may also collect information about you from third parties who are authorized to give information about you under the terms of their respective privacy policies. We may collect such information from third party verification services, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources. By applying or signing up for an account on our website and/or using our services, you agree and authorize us to obtain from and disclose to third parties, any information about you in connection with the processing of any credit investigation, identity or account verification, fraud detection, securing financing or credit, if applicable, or as may be otherwise required by law.
Use of Personal Information
We may use personal information about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with services including access to our website, account management, accounts receivable financing, asset-based lending, cash flow loans, purchase order financing, and export receivable financing;
- To contact you about our services and products;
- To contact you about our events;
- To process your request for information;
- To process or record payment transactions;
- To track and analyze usage in connection with our website and services;
- To respond to you or to send news and information including our electronic newsletters based on your communication preferences and applicable law;
- To customize, improve and enhance our services, including the functionality of our website;
- To protect our rights or property or the security or integrity of our services;
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions or other applicable agreements or policies;
- To verify your identity;
- To investigate, detect and prevent fraud, security breaches and other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- To comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; and
- For any other purpose disclosed to you.
We may use third party providers to process and store your personal information in United States and other countries. While we take measures to ensure protection of your information, governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies in these other countries may be able to obtain disclosure of information through the laws of these countries. We require that any third party provider that has access to personal information to be bound by obligations consistent with this policy and that such providers only collect, use or disclose your personal information for the purposes of providing us services.
To the extent permitted by law, we reserve the right to contact you at any time to provide information, respond to questions or provide notification of any changes to our services or policies.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your information as follows:
- With our affiliates for the purposes described above;
- With third parties to provide, maintain and improve our services including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf as well as entities in connection with the payment process;
- When permitted or required by law, such as in response to a subpoena or other legal process or governmental request;
- To meet legal obligations, including but not limited to regulatory reporting obligations;
- To an entity buying all or substantially all of Sallyport’s assets or ownership interests, subject to an appropriate non-disclosure agreement;
- If we believe a disclosure is reasonably necessary to (i) enforce or comply with our Terms and Conditions or other applicable agreements or policies, (ii) to protect our rights or property, or security or integrity of our services, or (iii) to protect us, our users or the public from harm or potentially prohibited or illegal activities; and
- With your consent.
We use different types of cookies, including:
- user input cookies
- authentication cookies
- analytics cookies
We use security safeguards appropriate to our size and complexity, the nature and scope of our activities and the sensitivity of the information. We protect personal information against loss, theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical and physical safeguards, to protect personal information.
We cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. In the event that information in our possession or control is compromised as a result of a security breach, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify the users whose information may have been compromised and take other steps in accordance with applicable laws or regulations.
Retention and Disposal
We retain personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which such information was collected unless longer retention is required under the law. Any personal information that is no longer required is either shredded or destroyed.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following instructions in those messages. After you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages such as messages about your account in accordance with applicable laws.
Access, Questions and Concerns
You may access, change or correct your personal information by making a request to us using the contact information below. We may need to verify your identity before granting access or otherwise changing or correcting your personal information.
Sallyport Commercial Finance
U.S. —14100 Southwest FWY, Ste. #210 Sugar Land, TX 77478
Canada —2233 Argentia Road, East Tower, Suite 302, Mississauga, L5N 2X7, ON, Canada